This is an example of what you might expect to see in the exam. Basically, the exam will consist of 3 parts, multiple-choice style, true/false style, and short answer style. For example:
1. Which one of the following is not an input device?
C) touch pad
D) LCD monitor
2. If we want to create a two-column document, which one is the correct way to do? (Assuming we start from a blank document)
A) type all the document, then use Format->Columns.
B) use Format->Columns, then type all the document.
C) use Insert->Column, then type the first column. After that, use Insert->Column and type the second column.
D) use Insert->Columns, sepecify 2 columns, then type the document.
3. Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP does not support multitasking ( T / F ).
4. We can create table in MS Word by go to menu Insert->table ( T / F ).
5. Briefly describe how we can put a picture (.JPG file) to a MS Word document.
6. What is Computer Systems? (your answer should not be over 5 lines)
Covers Introduction to Computers, Operating Systems (Especially Windows), Internet, and Search Engines. You need to know the following:
- Computer Systems
- Computer Devices (input, output, storage, processor, communication devices)
- Binary & Decimal Systems. Conversion between two systems. Binary numbers operation (Add, Subtract).
- Software Types. Programming Languages Types.
- Processor Speed Measurement (Hz, MIPS). Storage capacity measurement (KB,MB, etc.)
- Working in Windows Environment. Windows Explorer (copy or move files)
- Internet, Networking topology (bus, star, ring), and search engines
Covers MS Word & MS Excel. You need to know to following:
- Each feature in HW4 (MS word). Make sure you know how to do each feature and know the situation that we can use them.
- For MS Excel, make sure you understand the purpose of 3 types of cells referencing (Absolute, relative, Mixed). Moreover, what will happen if we copy formula from one cell to other cells?
- MS Excel formulas: SUM, MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, IF, SUMIF, HLOOKUP, VLOOKUP, ROUND, etc.
- Home work 5 & 6 is a good way to study and prepare for the exam.
If you have any question, feel free to send me an e-mail.