262-211 (Fall 2004): Introduction to Microcomputer Applications
Monday & Wednesday EMS E145 10:00-10:50pm (lecture) , EMS E280 11:00-11:50 (lab)
EMS W280, Mon & Wed 12:00-1:00PM
Introduction to applications of microcomputers and to advances in microcomputer
technology. word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, database,
computer communications and introduction to operating system are covered.
Not open to compsci students for cr; not open for audit. Prereq: None
The course will cover Microsoft Office applications Word, Power Point, FrontPage,
Excel, and Access. The course will also cover the internet, World Wide Web, Internet
Explorer, email, and the Windows operating system. The course will cover these
applications from a computer science perspective; basic computer science concepts
will be discussed as they relate to microcomputers and their applications and
This course will include practical assignments utilizing each of the Microsoft Office applications. 3 Exams (closed books and notes) will be given in this course.
!! HOT !!
- FINAL EXAM is Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:00am-NOON EMS145 (lecture room)
- Assignment 1 was assigned. Due 09/22/2004
- Assignment 2 was assigned. Due 09/29/2004
- EXAM #1 : WEDNESDAY 10/06/2004 (11AM during lab class)
- Exam Format and examples are here.
- Assignment 3 was assigned. Due 10/06/2004
- Assignment 4 was assigned. POSTPONED to 10/17/2004 (Sunday)
- Assignment 5 was assigned. Due 10/25/2004
- Assignment 6 was assigned. Due 11/01/2004
- EXAM #2 : WEDNESDAY 11/03/2004 (11AM during lab class). Topics Covered: MS Word & MS Excel. More about exam 2 is here.
- Assignment 7 was assigned. Due 11/15/2004 POSTPONE! due 11/19/2004 (friday midnight)
- Assignment 8 was assigned. Due 11/24/2004
- Assignment 9 was assigned. Due 12/03/2004 Postpone to due on 12/05/2004 For those who gave me HW8, but still haven't received Database File from me, please contact me immediately. I sent the DB files to all of you as soon as I received your HW8. However, some of you told me that you haven't received the DB file for HW9 (which is strange since my email log show that I sent the file to everybody who gave me HW8).
- Assignment 10 was assigned. Due 12/17/2004
ASSIGNMENTS & SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIALS
This area is password protected. Send an e-mail to instructor for the password. Access the protected area.
Computer Science @ UWM
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee